24 September 2011

I really need to spend some time combining these thoughts!

My hobbies include Not Planning Ahead, Riding Motorcycles, Flexing In The Mirror, and Daydreaming. I like long walks to the gas station when I run out of gas, drinking coffee in the morning, and discovering good music. My favorite season is Riding Season. I like art festivals, but only if I can walk through them fairly quickly. I understand art is an expression, but so is life itself. In my next life, I will either be a rock star or a farmer.

Hopefully later today I will make time to go through all these posts and find a common thread with which to bind them together. Common experiences is a good one. I have always enjoyed stream of consciousness writing-although hard to follow, its fun to discover the thought path of the author. I feel its the most natural way to write-just let the words and thoughts spill out, record them, and then if need be rearrange them into a more coherent thought. Perhaps the words aren't even the story-maybe they are the drawings on the caveman's wall, a rough sketch leading to the discovery of the real story-the caveman records the hunt of a mammoth, but why? How big was the mammoth, what was the temperature? (do cavemen have temperature, since the concept didn't have a name then? Or DID it have a name, it just wasn't recorded?) Why did he or she decided to record that hunt? Was it epic? How does one record, with charcoal and crushed rock (or whatever) the feel of the wet grass he crawled through to attack the mammoth, the smell of the dirty creature's hair, the sound of it chewing its grub? Or was he just high off some mushrooms he found growing in some mammoth poo?

No comments: